Recycling plastic bottles is important to keep our environment pollution free.
There is probably not a single soul that realizes the importance of saving Mother Nature today. However, is enough being done in order to bring about a change? This is one important step that has been initiated in many parts of the world.
Plastic is one of the major threats to the environment today. Fortunately, it can be recycled. Plastic bottles are used all over the world. The use of plastic bottles has gone up ever since the concept of ‘Bottled Water’ came into existence.
There are five areas that would be beneficial if proper recycling of plastic bottles is carried out. Here are the five areas.
1. Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction –
The process of recycling plastic is a lot more easier as compared to the one which manufactures it. This means that lesser energy is required in order to recycle plastic. Hence, why not simply recycle used plastic instead of opting to manufacture new stocks time and over again?
2. Reuse and its benefits – Often, people are not very clear about the difference between the term ‘recycle’ and ‘reuse’. Recycling of a plastic bottle does not mean that the final product would once again be a plastic bottle. The recycled plastic can be used in the manufacturing of any other product.
3. Energy Conservation – As discussed earlier, the process of recycling plastic requires lesser energy. Energy too is a major concern today. By recycling bottles made of plastic, we would ensure that a lot of energy is saved which can be used in the future.
4. Landfill Space Saved – More often than not, most of the plastic bottles go in the bins. However, imagine the number of plastic bottles getting dumped into the bins every single day in the entire USA. The country is running out of landfill space at a rapid rate and the time is not far when there would be absolutely no space to keep your used plastic bottles.
5. Conservation of Oil – We can save as many as four barrels of precious oil by recycling plastic bottles. There is no doubt whatsoever, that the rising price of oil is a major concern to the economy of almost all the nations today. Hence, it is only in the benefit of mankind that oil is used to its minimum.
This proves that recycling plastic bottles is indeed a very innovative and beneficial move.