Do you want to know how to remove rust stains from floor or furniture? There are several cleaning products available in the market to remove rust stains, but they contain harmful chemicals. You can try some natural cleaning products that can effectively remove tough rust stains.
Tips to remove rust stains from countertops:
• You can make a paste of lemon juice and baking soda and apply it over the stains. Let the paste remain for half an hour.
• Slightly scrub the spot with the help of a soft brush or sponge. Then rinse thoroughly with hot water.
How to remove rust stains from ceramic tiles:
• First clean the stained area with water and soft cloth. Dry it thoroughly.
• Mix vinegar with salt and apply the paste to the stained area. Wait for 3 or 4 hours. Rinse the area well with hot water.
• You can also try the mixture of lemon juice and borax to remove rust stains from ceramic tiles.
• Pumice sticks are available in the stores. You can use them to rub over the rust stains. These sticks do not harm the tiles.
Remove rust stains from Vinyl tiles:
• You can apply a tablespoon of salt on the rust stains in vinyl tiles. Then squeeze undiluted lemon juice over it. Allow salt and lemon juice to sit over it for several hours. If the mixture absorbs the rust, it would turn into orange brown color. Then you can use a paper towel to clean it.
• Mix tartar cream and water. Apply the paste to the rust stains on vinyl tiles. Let it sit for an hour. Then scrub it with a scrub brush and wipe it with a damp cloth. You can get tartar cream in a nearby grocery store.
Remove rust stains from concrete:
If you need to use well water, you may not be able to avoid rust stains on concrete foundation, patio, sidewalks and driveways. You can follow some tips to remove the stains.
• Pour undiluted lemon juice on rust stains. Allow it to sit for several hours. Then scrub the area with the bristle brush and rinse thoroughly.
• You can use either cedar vinegar or apple vinegar to remove the rust stains on concrete.
Tips to remove rust stain from clothes:
You need not throw away the clothes that have rust stains. You can try some natural cleaning products to remove the stains.
• You can keep the dress under several white paper towels. They can absorb mild stains.
• You can apply lemon juice over the stain and allow it to dry in direct sunlight. Then wash the cloth as usual.
• You can also try lemon juice and salt mixture to remove rust stains from garments. Leave it in sunlight to dry and wash it as usual. This tip works great on both white and colored garments.
• You can use naval jelly to remove rust stains from clothes.
• Wet the cloth and apply the cream of tartar on rust stain. Wash the cloth after sometime.
• You can pour vinegar over the spot. Take it outside and allow it to dry in direct sunlight for 3 to 4 hours. Then wash it normally. If the stain does not disappear, you can repeat the process.
You need not worry about how to remove rust stains. The citric acid in lemon juice and acetic acid in vinegar are effectual in removing rust stains from almost all surfaces. Moreover, they are safe to use. They do not harm your skin or produce any toxic gases.